Website EWMC - Operations - Division of Labour
East to West Mining and Construction Solutions Inc. (EWMC) provides specialized services to the mining, construction, and energy sectors worldwide. Our services include surface and underground heavy-equipment specialist mechanic crews, windmill blade-replacement services, full-service rental of crane operators and crane supply on demand.
Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic, Level 1
SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
Reporting to the Mechanic Supervisor, the Heavy Duty Mechanic is part of the Mining and Construction Services department and collaborates with other contractors, partners and their departments of the work site. He/She is part of a maintenance team responsible for the troubleshooting and repair of heavy equipment such as: haul trucks, dozers, graders, drillers, excavators, dump trucks, etc. The role is also for safely troubleshooting mechanical and electrical issues in the field and perform required maintenance. She/He will ensure that the goals and objectives are achieved, while promoting and respecting the policies of the company.
- Provide technical diagnosis and perform maintenance on various heavy equipment, including excavators, loaders, grader and other similar machines;
- Complete troubleshooting and repair work on equipment to meet safety and technical standards;
- Perform preventative maintenance on large mining equipment and document work performed;
- Other duties as required and assigned;
- Work in collaboration with other personnel to deliver best results for assigned duties;
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment;
- Report all accidents to supervisor;
- Any other duties required by EWMC and its agents.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Must have excellent knowledge of heavy machinery (various brands and types) and road vehicles.
- Must have:
- a minimum 5 years’ experience in a heavy duty mechanic role with a completed professional mechanic diploma or certificate; or
- a minimum 10 years’ experience a heavy duty mechanic role without diploma or certificate.
- Must be fluent in French – reading, writing and speaking.
- Basic operational knowledge of English strongly preferred.
- Must have strong organization, prioritization and problem-solving skills.
- Possess an adequate physical condition as per the discretion of EWMC.
- Possess a good work ethic, a positive attitude and ability to work in a team.
Fermont Region, Québec, Canada
Baffinland, Nunavut, Canada
14/14; days on/off; 12 hours/day; “fly-in / fly-out”, variable at the discretion of EWMC.
Temporary, full-time, undetermined length, possibility of permanence.
Standard hourly rate, but negotiable for competitive candidates.
TRAINING AND OTHER
- Medical exam may be required at the discretion of EWMC;
- Site-specific training provided on-site.
Travel expenses between job site and employee’s city of residence covered by EWMC, but work hours are not paid for time of travel.
Lodging accommodations with sleeping quarters are offered by EWMC and/or its partners/clients for this role, without any charge due to the employee.
MORE INFORMATION & APPLY
For more information or to apply, contact us at:
- +1 (514) 877-4486
Submit your application through our Careers page, Linkedin or Indeed:
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.